Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Color Moments

Here are some significant color moments I experienced. 

1. I was told by a friend that I’m so dark. 
2. I was told by a another friend that I have Afronoid features. 
3. When shopping at a jewelry stand at a festival, the owner (causacian woman) told me that some of the stones came from Rajasthan, India. She then asked if I was South Indian. They only know that South Indians are dark. That’s all and that’s why she asked. 
4. Every time I enter an Ethiopian restaurant, the waiters always ask if I am Ethiopian, and when I say no, they say I have the facial feature, but yes, the hair is Indian. To which I just humor them and ask poinient questions like what of my face is like an Ethiopian’s. 
5. When I finally took a beach vacation, and played in the ocean for hours under the hot sun, my face tanned and made me browner.   I wondered how many weeks it’s going to take to wear off. I didn’t like that I looked darker. 

No comments: